16 January 2012

A Living-room.

a living room with enough room for all aspects of living.
Along the lines of dreaming up a house for a home, the living room is one of the toughest.
I like to rearrange fruniture about every three months
or when I'm stressed,
so my living room's entity much be able to be flexible enough to function in many different positions.
I want my living room to be a slight expression of my life--Photos on walls, lamps, & decor need to represent the love my house has to offer.


I am a fan of couches. I might even be a couch snob.
I don't really mind what the couch looks like, of course thoughts should always be towards a color scheme,
however what really matters is what your momma told you, "it's what's on the inside that matters the most.".
My couch has to be nappable for two to four people. I like pile-ons and cushions.
My couch is where I end up when I'm feeling sick & where I want people to gather for themed movie nights; so there must be a TV available & table stands with coasters.



I love the windows in this place, I really would love to live in an old house, by the city or sea, it seems so romantic.

This couch is adorable.

I love the depth & color of this couch. Also, as much as I am not a fan of these types of backgrounds, it allows a sense of folly and falling away into a soothing book. I would need a sountrack of wind through trees to play.
M. Design Interiors
I love everything about this couch.
The colors, the size of the couch, the fact that it's a corner couch & it has matching drawn shades.
M. Design Interiors

I also love eveything about about this room-It has such a warm glow & the colors stand out against the white lounge couch, but not too boldly. The tan & brown of the wooden lights cast a romantic glow.

This is the ultimate entertaining couch & living room.
I now know I want two living rooms.
There is a DJ station, & a minibar area, low lighting with plenty of seating room. I would love to have side french doors to open up to a covered outdoor dance floor. Or a rolling glass garage door to open up to rool up to reveal the outside. Perfect.
Image courtesy of Dennis Design Group
Fantastic colors & comfyness.

Who has a yellow couch? No one has a yellow couch. Or a french wall holder. I want one.
Amanda Nisbet Design
Also, who has a swing in their living room? It could be smart & be able to swerve around to face out a bay window or to face the indoor couch.
Photos courtesy of Something‘s Hiding in Here.

I also want Knooks & Knacks to compliment the majority of my living room.
Chairs a tucked a bit out of the way, into a half library, with blankets tossed accordinly:







I want to decorate my Fireplace. It needs to be fanciful for when there isn't a fire going in it.
There have been many options--including even putting a mirror in it's place, which looks pretty, and then stack the mirror up on top while toasting the room. The mirror will create the fancy illusion of more space.
Photos courtesy of mrspaz.


I really love the thought of simply putting candles into the place it create a soft glow with sweet smelling scents:







I cannot wait to have my ideas of my home transform my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment