10 January 2012

Having a job...

leaves little time for traveling.
I sit here, headset set, phone at fingertips, behind a corner that blocks me from the sunshine splayed out across the lobby before me & I contemplate the gnawing desire to simply get up to move into the sunshine.
I want to travel into something, through something, & as of right now, that sunshine stream is the most ascertainable entity.


I want to encounter a sensation different from what my body knows right now.
I am stationary and my feet ache to walk for miles of unknown discoveries.
My heart pounds at my head to relate, to have it understand the pull & pulse
the romantic notion of awakening in a strange bed, in a strange place.
signs written with curls in sharp angles & voices that flow in a melody resembling rocks tumbling through a muddy brook.
Garbled with confusion is a venturous & romantic state of mind.


The golden glow that broke into my foyer has glitter away beneath the Pacific horizon.
Only fragments glint off of the elevators, allowing the fluorescent bulbs to now flood the room.
In a reflection from the glass paned door I can see the last of the day vanish as a blazing beauty.
I know it’s one of the few breath taking sunsets that glow only up here in the northwest but I am trapped indoors.
I feel trapped, enclosed. Close to forgetting what I want.

In moments like this, I crave to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment