13 January 2012

There's no place like Home.

Where ever I am living, I usually refer to that place as "Home", so it usually doesn't matter the type of place in which I am living... however, as I am growing up, I am finding myself wanting a place in which I could paint over, or remolded, or demolish to build back up upon.
It would be nice to have my own House to call "Home" & be able to have it reflect me.

Therefore, I have started collecting snapshots of what I would love to have as my "grownup home":

Featuring My Kitchen:


I want an Island in my Kitchen. I have started to embrace the practice of preparing food rather than microwaving a cardboard box & I find I need lots of counter space.

I want to paint my ceilings. It gives me such an enveloped feel without becoming too claustrophobic.
Then I do not have to worry about painting 4 walls-just one ceiling.


I want to put personalized photos in my kitchen.
I love food & I love my family & friends. It's a great combo.


Shelves over the sink can save lots of space & time in trying to set the table.
This way my cabinets can house my pots & pans & crockpots.
Also, I want themed soap & a little basket to hold seasonal & holiday themed dishtowels.


I want to have a pretty colored set of cook ware that I can display.
A travel theme will be whimsically inspirational for the kitchen.


However, if my kitchen sink has a window, I can't put up shelves.
So I will then want to take the doors off of my cabinets to showcase my cookbooks & pretty plateware.
Jessica Helgerson Interior Design

I want an airy & simple feel to my dining area.
Thin chandlers, colabotrating colors & house plants create a gentle open atmosphere.


I want to hang things around my light fixtures.
It might be love letters, or recipes, or photos of travel & food,
but I love how it works for this dining area.

I want to be energized when I eat.

I want to have a vintage looking stereo with a turntable so I can play music in my kitchen & dining room.
Therefore, I will need a floor to ceiling bookcase to house my collection.

I also love the idea of having my entertaining plateware amongst trinkets
by the table ready for use. I want to always be able to have company drop by at anytime.


I cannot wait to have a house to be my home.

2 comments:

  1. I love the kitchen with the breakfast nook and the photos! I'm not much for the kitchen (you've met my boyfriend) but I think I could spend all my time in a sunny breakfast nook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. We can talk houses -not homes, we have those...- anytime. I now want to micro-organize my pinterest categories...

    ReplyDelete