04 June 2013

My husband wants a Cat.

Remember that viral video of that one cat? I know, there are millions of them, but this is the one I'm talking about:
This was my first introduction of how fun cats can be. Other than for the sake of making viral videos of cats getting stuck in jars or being terrified of the toaster, I've never wanted to adopt a cat.
In my lifetime, my family has adopted 7 dogs & now my husband & I adopted ours:


She's been a lovely dog for our apartment & I cannot imagine a sweeter dog we could own. That's because I'm a dog person. I see a dog out on a walk & I immediately wish I were 7 years old so it wouldn't be weird for me to ask its owner if I can pet it. I've pulled my car over to the side of the road to go chasing after a dog that's wandered out into the middle of the street. Dogs are sweet & goofy. Cats...are just not my thing.

If you're a cat owner, my apologies. I am trying to appreciate this feline breed as my husband will drag me over to the kitty section of our local pet store to entice me to get us a cat.
Until I give up my resolve of never owning a kitty, I share these little gems with you, if you indeed be a cat person:

Mental Floss, a must website to explore, has an article about Cats & the part they've played in history. Who knew a cat was the reason for an international crisis or for discovering a continent?
Also: This website is a great time killer--It loads a song & Cat gif.  As life hack ninja puts it, "Cats & Music, what more do you need?"

No comments:

Post a Comment