25 April 2013

Sweet Caroline.

I really like living in America because, Politics aside, of the humanity we all share as Americans.
When a town has a holiday or a celebration, there will be parades, festivals of food & celebrations of good-will with neighbors.
When a town has a fire or a flood, that town will offer local school gyms as temporary shelters & its students will offer support with food, water & prayer.  The local response personnel & the National Guard will combat the elements & fight off any dangers to its community.
When a town faces loved ones deaths at the hand of evil, that town pulls closer to offer support, to mourn the tragedies & to remember.
Actions like those have happened across America. There is not one state untouched by loss, nor its tragedies gone unnoticed by its neighbors.

We've had another terrorist attack.
As with 9/11, I will always remember where I was when I heard about the Boston Marathon Bombing: A few cubicles over from me at work is an incredibly loud co-worker. I don't know her name, but I know she's recently moved apartments, she has sinus issues & she keeps the whole office informed about ongoing news events. So when I overheard her commenting, "I can't believe what's happened at the Boston Marathon!" I hopped onto Google, thinking maybe someone broke a world record. Instead, the search engine resulted in a few new-feed links about a bombing occurring near the Boston Marathon finish line.

For the rest of the work-day I kept up a steady refreshing of these news links.
For the rest of the week I streamed video reports & news conferences at my desk.
On the day they had the 2nd suspect cornered, I streamed the live feed from my phone on my bus commute home to watch his capture.
America does its best to not let danger or evil threaten its communities. We are to be good & do good as Americans.

Now that we know who the bombers are & now that theories of 'Why' are filling up the airwaves until facts can be presented, I now celebrate the good that has happened in the rest of this post:

Posts from Buzzfeed about a few immediate
acts of kindness-

Post featuring the hightened level of protection after the bombing.

Post with
Comfort Dogs:





Neil Diamond, singing a Red Sox's favorite:

No comments:

Post a Comment